#5 – Surprise, surprise!
Apparently when you host an online chat room, open to all skeptics and free thinkers, and spend a little time promoting it, word gets around and you never know who’s going to show up. Last week we were surprised by a very welcome Kylie Sturgess, giving many in the group an opportunity to have a first hand discussion about her research into “Women And Skepticism”. This week we were surprised again when Derek Bartholomaus of “Jenny McCarthy Body Count” (and his cat) joined us for a few hours of discussion.
Topics this week:
- The anniversary of Jean-Paul Sartre declining the Nobel Prize in Literature
- Terry gave us a quick summary of her Star Trek cruise
- The #nogod twitter incident
- The debate w/ Christopher Hitchens and Stephen Fry on the Catholic Church
- Atheist billboards in NY and Chicago
- Science education and They Might Be Giants
- Continual groaning about homeopathy
- Google Wave, Chad Vadar, and blubber sandwiches
Thank you to everyone who participated:
Luis Vidal (@NeuroPunk), Cary Collett (@qaphsiel), John Henry (@JHVanOphem), Myron Getman (@TheMadSkeptic), Jack Scanlan (@naontiotami), Dan Johnson (@RelUnrelated), Stuart (@AtheistinWA), Rebekkah Berg (@ymberlenis), Terry Shull (@TerilynnS), Aaron Wadley (@CyberLizard), Jenny Wadley (@JSWadley), Roberto Ochoa (@roberto8ag), Derek Bartholomaus (@derekcbart), Chris Innanen (@Nonsanity)