#7 – Growing
Sometimes tokbox performs amazingly well, other times I wish there was a better [free or cheap] solution. Last night was a bit frustrating with mic noise, delay, and drop-outs. Although, the brave and persistent skeptics toughed it out and we managed to have another great meeting with some new and interesting people. (Sorry to those who’s technical problems we couldn’t overcome)
- For those that may not want to follow me on twitter due to my inability to tweet at a reasonable rate, you can now follow @VirtualDS to only get notifications relating to the events and the blog.
- For those who are on Facebook, there is now a “Virtually Drinking Skeptically” group.
- Don’t forget to contact Cary Collett (@qaphsiel), Rebekkah Berg (@ymberlenis) on twitter (they’re also in the facebook group) about the book club.
- If you plan to attend a VDS event and have a Google Wave account, make sure I have your wave address so I can add you to the wave for the event. This isn’t required, but the wave is used to collect and save links a notes related to the chat.
- If you participate in a Virtual DS event and would like your blog/site to be linked from the VDS blog, please let me know.
- The next event will be Friday, Nov 13th, at 9pm EST.
Topics of discussion this week:
- Maine [Maine Gay Marriage Referendum: Results, Updates, Shame on Maine, Maine voters overturn state’s new same-sex marriage law]
- Texas [Gay partnership rights measure leads in Washington state]
- York’s Planned Parenthood protests a protestor
- Ray Comfort Apologizes for Misrepresenting Darwin’s Views on the Origins of the Sexes
- Mad Scientologists caught in a web of their own making
- Penn & Teller on CBS Sunday Morning
- Paranormal Field Trip: Gettysburg
- Raising skeptical children and game theory [Play: How It Shapes the Brain, Opens the Imagination, and Invigorates the Soul, Finite and Infinite Games]
- Getting thrown off Christian Chirp
- ABC Fora – Losing My Religion
- “Whitney Star Finder”, the Dragon Con star party, and sky observation
Thank you to everyone who participated:
Brian Gregory (@briandgregory), Cary Collett (@qaphsiel), Ray Adam Smith Latiolais (@evilray), Juile Ward (@rationalbehavio), Jareth Arnold (@maeamian), Tim Williamson (@TheBigBlueFrog), Myron Getman (@TheMadSkeptic), Bruce Press (@brucefp), Martin Pribble (@martinpribble), Kammy(@Procrastinatrx), Sarah-Ann (@xTexasBelle)