#9 – Best. Evening. Ever.
Last night was incredible. Not only did I have a great experience chatting with Desiree (@teh_skeptic) briefly on Skeptically Speaking (@SkepticalRadio), there was a great turnout of interesting, intelligent, and fun people to the video chat. Tokbox managed to cooperate (mostly) so we had some interesting discussion and plenty of fun.
A special thanks to Desiree and the Skeptically Speaking crew for allowing me the opportunity, for working so hard on something as cool as their show, and for just being all-round good people.
This Week’s Discussion Topics
- Derek Bartholomaus (@derekcbart and Jenny McCarthy Body Count) took a few moments out of his busy evening to come talk with us about the IIG (Independent Investigations Group) and their $50,000 Paranormal Challenge. Apparently they are testing Anita Ikonen of “Vision from Feeling” today (Nov 7th at 11am PST) live over ustream. This is similar to the live “Million Dollar Challenge” that was streamed from TAM 7 by the JREF (James Randi Educational Foundation). It is sure to be a very interesting event. [Press Release]
- More information about the IIG: “Making a Difference” by Mark Edward on Skepticblog
- K.O. Myers (@GRSkeptics) introduced us all to what he’s up to with Grassroots Skeptics
- Citizen Gold (@unifex) talked about what he’s doing with Christchurch Skeptics in the Pub and Briskepticon the 2009 Australian Skeptics National Convention
- Briefly talked about CFI (Center for Inquiry), NCAS (Nation Capitol Area Skeptics) and some recent (and awesome) events these organizations put together.
- Rule 34
- “Christchurch casino” is the most ironic thing ever
Thank you to all of this week’s attendees:
Brian Gregory (@briandgregory), Cary Collett (@qaphsiel), Luis Vidal (@NeuroPunk), Sarah Ann (@xtexasbelle), Jareth Arnold (@maeamian), Terry Shull (@TerilynnS), Mary Spiro (@Mary_Spiro), Citizen Gold (@unifex), Manuel Santamaria (@MrSantamaria), K.O. Myers (@GRSkeptics), Derek Bartholomaus (@derekcbart)
There will be no meeting next week [US Thanksgiving] because many of us (including myself) will be doing our best not to think of anything but eating and hanging out with family. The next meeting will be Wednesday Dec 2nd at 9pm EST, so mark your calendars, tell your friends, and come ready to chat, meet, and have some fun.