#11 – Chaos
We had another VDS meeting last week, on Friday Dec 11th, and this post is an attempt to do the regular meeting recap a week later. I have a decent excuse for posting so late, but since most of you follow me on twitter I won’t annoy you anymore with vacation related details.
As far as I remember we had a pretty good meeting, with interesting people, and some good conversation. I left around midnight, but that didn’t stop the discussions. Luis (@NeuroPunk) continued moderating the group (and taking notes – thanks!) until the wee hours of the morning. I’m only now discovering that Google Wave didn’t keep the timestamps for updates (can someone explain this to me?) so I can only guess that is was … um, 2am, yeah that it, that’s the ticket.
- The ethics (lack thereof) of homepathic studies in 3rd world countries.
- Google Wave and how it stinks
- Shameless plug for my 40th Birthday tweetup [Dec 22nd at Azul 7]
- Tokbox violated us at least twice – need to figure a way to control video access?
- Cartooning and finding a decent colorist – Tanya Higgins (@DaisiesAndShit)
- Girls Gone Wild (I don’t remember what this was about, but it’s in the notes)
- Bacon Salt
- Chocolate Fudge Poptart Bacon Sandwich
- Text to speech applications and their potential to be used for EVP detection
- Transformer & Comic book collecting as adults
- Nicole (@NoisyAstronomer)’s response to Luis’ question at the last VDS
- Horror stories about tedious and confusing science labs in college
- The deplorable state of basic science funding in the USA
Sarah Ann (@xtexasbelle), Steve DeGroof (@treelobsters), Zach Aletheia, Luis Vidal (@NeuroPunk), K.O. Myers (@GRSkeptics), Cary Collett (@qaphsiel), Patrick Neville (@patrickneville), Kelley Clark (@kelleyclark), Desiree Snell (@teh_skeptic), Tanya Higgins (@DaisiesAndShit), Jareth Arnold (@maeamian), Michael (Desiree’s roomate), Joey Haban (@ZenMonkey), Lee Graham (@lee_graham), Sheryl Westleigh(@Noadi), Kylie Sturgess (@podblack)
Don’t forget next VirtualDS will be next week Wednesday Dec 23th at 9pm EST. See you there!
Hey TokBox: We’re still having quite a few problems with tokbox, so if you can respond to my email (2 weeks ago) it would be nice. The problem of the week was several attempts made to connect that failed immediately or after being disconnected.
Anyone who had problems connecting, seeing video, delay, talking, getting a camera to work, etc. please leave me a comment so I can pass the information onto tokbox. Thanks.