#15 – Large and Long
The final count for last night is 23 people over 5 1/2 hours. Tokbox performed well enough to have some wonderful discussions, decent fooling around, and excellent “face time” among people who’ve never met (or just haven’t met face to face). This is what it’s all about people – THANKS FOR JOINING US!
Next week’s VirtualDS will be on Friday (again) – jump into the discussion when you can, it’s worth it.
This Week’s Discussion Topics
- Haiti earthquake and the horrible idiot that opened his mouth.
- Roger Ebert and Rush Limbaugh
- The Onion and Satire? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zrm7W3zGSoA
- Sarah Palin is an idiot that still gets airtime – why?
- Cognitive Dissonance and global warming denial
- “Artificial Noble Causes”
- Kindle voice reader demonstration, AT&T Natural Voice, Sound Spell
- Green Sea Slug Is Part Animal, Part Plant
- Dr. John Gamon talking on Skeptically Speaking about Global Warming
- Male Chromosome May Evolve Fastest
- Possible IIG paranorma test taking place on Sunday – Derek Bartholomaus (@derekcbart)
- CFI DC Independent Investigation Group Kickoff
- The problem of Post-Modernism [Steve Thom’s battle w/ School]
- “The Land Before Time” and Dinosaurs
- Cryptozoology “debate”: [The Decade in Cryptozoology: fun, frivolity and frustration, Museum Heckler, Response to Cryptomundo from Ms. Idoubtit, Loren Coleman’s Best Defense to Criticism? Ad Hominem Attacks of the Critics]
- Make sure you “fan” or “join” these on Facebook – Virtual Drinking Skeptically, Skeptic North, The Mad Skeptic, Newly Nerfed, and Jenny McCarthy Body Count.
- Male-female demographics within the Skeptic movement
- Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics (STEM) Education Coalition
- “Glen Beck wannabe boss” and his reference to yellow inheriting the earth
This Week’s Attendees
Brian Gregory (@briandgregory), Cary Collett (@qaphsiel), Steve DeGroof (@treelobsters), Myron Getman (@TheMadSkeptic), Steve Thoms (@SomeCndnSkeptic), Tom Cookson (@MeanQuestion), Jareth Arnold (@maeamian), Bill Bibb (@seengallery), Richard Murray (@xinit0), Joey Haban (@ZenMonkey), Lee Graham (@lee_graham), Kelley Clark (@kelleyclark), Sasha Pixlee (@sashapixlee), Aaron Wadley (@CyberLizard), Heidi Anderson (@heidianderson), Daphne Ross (@FrostKitty), Timothy Iwan (@Tim3P0), Derek Bartholomaus (@derekcbart), Ben Shumway, Sophie Hirschfeld (@SophieHirsch), Bruce Press (@brucefp), Bastard Sheep (@bastardsheep), Lisa M-B (@PhysicistLisa)