#16 – I Am Such A Wuss
I’m not sure the final count (I can’t escape the feeling like I’ve forgotten someone), but I think we had 30 people on (or attempt) to join the chat last night – That would be a record. There were some interesting first-timers as well, including the wonderful Richard Saunders (he’s from some podcast, apparently it’s popular), Zeke Russell (Double Meat Podcast, Brilliant Gameologists), and Tim Farly (What’s the Harm?). We attempted to tackle some difficult topics (I think I said the word “demographics” way too many times) and spent some time “geeking out” about noms, tv shows, and podcasts.
Thanks to everyone that joined in, and sorry to those who had trouble – we really want to meet you so please try again. Also, Thanks to Sasha Pixlee for moderating after 2am.
- Skeptic’s Exchange – Q&A community hosted by the Bristol Skeptic
- TAM Australia – Have you heard about it?
- “A Noob’s View Of Star Trek: Online” – Terry Shull (@TerilynnS)
- Zach Aletheia (@zntneo) is involved with a possible skeptical radio show on KHOI and promises to keep us up to date on the progress
- The Shorty Awards and “Sock Puppetry” – [Accusation of Fraud from Mike Adams]
- “Skeptifem v. Skepchick” – [You can help promote skeptical thinking, Feminism, skepticism and boobies, Are the Skepchicks too sexy, Geek Girls Network]
- Blonde Warrior Princesses – [Are Blondes ‘Warrior Princesses?’, Blonde Women Are More Entitled, Pretty women ‘anger more easily’, Blonde women born to be warrior princesses, Science Reporting Gone Wild]
- Skeptical groups in Arkansas (since we had 3 people from Arkansas)
- Teacher With Bible Divides Ohio Town [The Skin Effect and Another Reason Why Tesla Coils Don’t Shock]
- Bible verses in rifle scopes
- Brief education on Linux (and in particular Ubuntu)
- Going to TAM? Apparently this was recommended for airfare deals
- Chelsea Epperson’s Baby!
- Brief “moment of zen” comparing the total Haiti donations with Conan’s severance package
- What’s the Harm? 2 year aniversary
- Steve Thoms did a talk at Toronto Skeptics in the Pub – here’s an “action shot”
- Final Season Of ‘Lost’ Promises To Make Fans More Annoying Than Ever
- 10:23 protest – Homeopathy: There’s nothing in it
- Apparently these are super cool podcasts: [Conspiracy Skeptic, Double Meat Podcast, Sasha’s Den of Iniquity, Brilliant Gameologists, Sundays Supplement, Irreligiosophy, Righteous Indignation, Skeptics with a K]
Attendees (and attempted attendees):
Brian Gregory (@briandgregory), Richard Saunders (@SkepticZone), K.O. Myers (@GRSkeptics), Sheryl Westleigh (@Noadi), Sara/Seth (@DJ_Darkness), Ben Shumway, Jason Thibeault (@lousycanuck), Jodi *Thibeault (@pixelsnake), Zach Aletheia (@zntneo), Steve DeGroof (@treelobsters), Terry Shull (@TerilynnS), Alex Myren (@AlexMyren), Mali (@maildragon), Zeke Russell (@bg_zeke), Tom Cookson (@MeanQuestion), (@tekphreak), Bart Dorsey (@echobucket), Sarah Ann (@xtexasbelle), Kelley Clark (@kelleyclark), Shane Trimmer (@sacskeptics), Robynn McCarthy (@Swoopy) (attempted), Tim Farley (@krelnik), Steve Thoms (@SomeCndnSkeptic), Poly Fighter (@poly_fighter), Jake Lsewhere (@NeonGreenSage), Shamar Hawkins (@EscapeFromDogma), Sasha Pixlee (@sashapixlee), Christopher (Anubis), Horcruxe