#31 – Brian Dunning, watch out! (Kylie Sturgess)
Me: Guess what? I had a really nice evening last night.
Someone: Really? What did you do?
Me: Yeah, I had a drink with some friends and we talked for 3 hours.
Someone: Where’d you go?
That’s pretty much how I feel the day after every one of these chat sessions, especially when I get to spend time talking to someone as interesting as Kylie – she certainly has lots of adventurous stories to tell. Although I feel sorry because we forced the poor girl to talk constantly for 3 hours with what sounded like a very sore voice.
Thank you very much Kylie, and thanks to everyone else that joined the conversation.
- Ben Radford‘s Book – “Scientific Paranormal Investigation” and Blake Smith‘s mention of Kylie in the book.
- Meryl Dorey and the AVN
- Penelope Dingle – death from untreated cancer due to homepath’s recommendations
- Chatroulette Plans Penis Recognition Algorithm To Block Pervy Users
- Kylie makes a penis joke
- Kylie “schools” the host on Australian geography and then talks about her one visit to the Mind/Body/Wallet expo.
- Wynford Dore and quack cures for dyslexia – [Translucent Science, Gimpy’s Blog, Brain Duck]
- Beware the wrath of Kylie
- Speaking out about cranks, quacks, and pseudoscience and the risk of lawsuit (even if you’re not in the UK)
- “I’m Brian Dunning from Skeptoid.com”
- Kylie talks about being a religious studies teacher (and an atheist).
- Zoom H4, airport security, and “running” interviews
- Red wigs, Scooby Snacks, Drugs, and Jay and Silent Bob.
- American Drug-influenced TV shows (Sid and Marty Croft, The Banana Splits, Yo Gabba Gabba, etc)
- Naked interviews
- The difference between offensive hand gestures between countries, and the history of the “V sign“
- How do you talk to non-skeptics about skepticism? [Teacher’s workshop at TAM8, The Baloney Detection Kit – Michael Shermer, Examples such as: Skeptic Zone – Power Braclet and Applied Kinesiology]
- The “Black Hole” conspiracy (electric field theory)
- I Love TimTam Cookies
- Paul Hogan’s guide to avoiding taxes
- Foster’s and Lucky Charms
- The relationship between comedy and teaching skepticism [Chaser’s APEC stunt charges dropped, Chasers APEC Motorcade Stunt FULL, Billy Connolly]
- Amnesty International, The Catholic Church, and abortions for rape victims
- Zeitgeist movie and Conspiracy Science
- Conspiracy Theories [David Aaronovitch, Matthew Dentith]
Brian Gregory (@briandgregory), Kylie Sturgess (@podblack), Adam Bourque (@A_Damn_Bourque), Dan Buzzard (@DanBuzzard), David Price, Jack Scanlan (@naontiotami), Jeff Randall, Ryan Jean, Sean the Blogonaut (@SeandBlogonaut), Tana Owens, Travis Di, K.O. Myers (@GRSkeptics), Michael Cornett (@Vagrarian), Desiree Schell (@teh_skeptic), Nicole Gugliucci (@NoisyAstronomer), Robynn “Swoopy” McCarthy (@Swoopy), Matt Buzbee, Joshua Hunt (@Josh2085), Ginger Pomiecko (@Ginger_P), Blake Smith (@doctoratlantis), Alex Murdoch